Some of us have heard the term Xenoestrogens. But, do you know what they are? Keep reading…
I am not an expert by any means, but here is what I have learned in the past year.
They are toxic and they are hormone disruptors! We are surrounded by them. They can be found in every nook and cranny in your home. Your kitchen, your closets, your bedroom and also your bathroom. They are in our carpeting, in the gas fumes (if we pump our own gas), some of the foods we eat (particularly commercially raised meet and diary; growth hormones), cigarette smoking, birth control pills and hormone replacement therapy, nail polish, sunscreen, non-organic fruits and vegetables that are sprayed with insecticides and pesticides, menstrual products such as tampons and sanitary napkins that contain chlorine, fragrance and wax, dryer sheets, artificial sweeteners and MSG, soy protein and soy protein isolate, phthalates (plastics that food is wrapped in), Styrofoam cups with hot beverages, cosmetics, tap water, laundry detergents, parabens, shampoo, lotions, soap, toothpaste, food coloring and the list goes on and on.
So, why are these so bad and what can they do?
Like I stated above, they are toxic, man-made, and cause estrogen dominance. They are not biodegradable. They are stored in our fat cells. Accumulation of these have been linked to breast, prostate and testicular cancer, obesity, infertility, endometriosis, early onset puberty (age 9), miscarriages, reduced sperm counts, diabetes, hair loss/thinning, depression, lowering libido, and impotency, fibrocystic breasts, low blood sugar, blood clotting, increased cholesterol and triglycerides, allergic reactions, increased production of body fat.
What can I do?
- Read labels, check for parabens, food coloring, chlorine, MSG, etc. Become and expert
- Reduce your toxic load! Using doTERRA lemon oil every day in water. doTERRA has another product, Phytoestrogen, that is a blend of natural plant extracts that help support hormonal balance throughout the phases of a woman’s life. This product and components are naturally synergistic in cleaning the hormone receptor and binding sites.
- Use natural cleaning supplies such as doTERRA’s On Guard Concentrated cleaner, laundry detergent and foaming hand soap.
- Use natural self-care. Again, read labels. doTERRA has a few lines of beautiful skin care (paraben FREE), toothpaste and shampoo and conditioners that are CLEAN!
- Eat organic. Honestly, it’s worth the extra money!
- Eat meats and eggs that are pasture raised, not factory farmed.
- Eat fiber rich whole foods.
- Reduce stress (diffuse doTERRA essential oils)
- Take doTERRA PB Assist (probiotic)
- Get plenty of sleep and water
- Avoid sugar
- Start with foundational nutrition such as doTERRA’s Lifelong Vitality Pack (loaded with wholesome nutrients)
- Do a monthly cleanse (doTERRA)
- Get plenty of exercise….move!
We are what we eat, digest, absorb along with what we keep out!